The Public Engagement & Events Coordinator will to help deliver the Centre’s public engagement with research, events and communications. The role reports to the External Communications Manager and the post holder will work closely with CEH scientists to plan, deliver and evaluate targeted public engagement with research activities, as well as a range of corporate, academic and trade events.
- embed best practice in public engagement with research across CEH
- coordinate and record public engagement with research activities across CEH
- participate in public engagement networks that support best practice
- work with external and internal staff to identify and promote opportunities for public engagement with research, including funding opportunities
- provide guidance for public engagement with research to CEH scientists and staff
- manage specific public engagement with research projects, ensuring timely and cost-effective planning, delivery and evaluation of these projects, including budget management
- evaluate and report on public engagement with research at CEH as required
- manage and oversee public engagement events, including engaging with the public directly on CEH science issues.
- write and deliver event plans with clear objectives, tactics, budgets, timelines and metrics in collaboration with scientific and infrastructure staff
- coordinate all aspects of each event in advance e.g. catering, logistics, AV, IT, space, equipment, displays, attendance, health and safety risk assessments
- manage and oversee events in the run up to, on the day of, and after the event, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up,
- communicating with staff, and liaising with couriers
- collaborate with administrative and finance staff to organise invoicing and budget-related activities relating to events
- arrange for the creation of publicity for events, ensuring leaflets, postcards, display stands etc are produced on time and where appropriate kept in stock
- look after the creation, maintenance and storage of events equipment, including stands, cameras, digital devices etc.
- effective coordination with partners such as other research institutes and funding councils.
- coordinate the Centre’s annual research assessment exercise
- deal with external enquiries promptly, politely and effectively.